Thursday, May 10, 2012

Answer it!

Last night at 3:30 a.m my phone rang, and when someone calls at that time it's usually not good, I didn't recognize the number. It was my neighbor she was quick to tell me someone was in my brother Cameron's car and to go scare them off. Well still half a sleep i ran to the front door in my garments, and barefoot. I love stuff like this, and go over ways in my head all the time what i would do in certain situation but i was naked and not really awake. I ran out yelling, and at first i think the guy thought i was crazy he told me to back off and then flashed his knife at me. He slowly walked out of the driveway and then started running down the road so half asleep i followed after him. Right before i went to bed i was reading a book about Ephraim Hanks and how he was fearless, super strong and kinda bad ass. Reading that book kinda gave me courage, I knew he had a knife so i grabbed a good size rock in defense of course and stayed right behind him. Not long after the morning jog started i was awake and ready to kick some butt, i didn't think about shoes but running one pavement sure beat my feet up. We ran down the hill and he tried to lose me in this back yard but hit is head on the fence and it knocked him out. I was just hanging out in the street in my underwear at 3 o'clock with a robber laying on the ground talking on my cell phone no big deal. Good thing i have huge muscles because if didn't have muscles i would have been so embarrassed. Well the cops showed up and the rest is history. I hate people who steal crap and i truly believe in karma. Well actually kinda felt bad for the guy after it was over ( my soft heart) and started thinking how do people get so low in their lives that they need to go out and do stuff like that. Oh well it was fun!

Since i have been in Salt Lake i have met so many car builders which is really fun for me i met a guy named Boyd who is a Volkswagen guy who has all pre 55 stuff. We had a super good talk about life and cars. At the end of our talk he thanked me for coming out, he told me it had been years since he had sat a talked to someone because he had a falling out with some friend and they don't come by any more. Boyd is a great guy i am proud to call him my new buddy, and he has some vw's so old and rare i have never seen those models in real life not even at car shows.

Pretty sick 55 standard daily driver

*This weekend is the Salt City shootout some VW drag race series at the strip
*Cort and Ash moved into a new house it was fun to go help them move Saturday
* Going to Idaho for the Vesi spring cruise 
* I think i got asked on a date by my spin teacher/ yoga teacher (weird)
* Thursday temple day
Draper, Salt lake
Life has been so so good, i feel my life is really balanced. 

I love this quote because i feel at this time in my life their are people who are doing things that might somehow be legally right but in no way are morally right. Keep it simple stupid!
There are no easy answers' but there are simple answers. We must have the courage to do what we know is morally right.
Ronald Reagan




4 comments:

bBchronicles said...

Pretty amazing experience, for sure. Glad you're okay and see, Grandpa Ephriam is STILL inspiring his posterity!!!! You were one brave 'crazy man' running after that guy but you did a good thing. Glad I didn't know about the knife at the time - that won't sit well with the judge!

Loving the VW's (as always) but especially the SPECIAL TALENT you have with PEOPLE - it's more a GIFT than talent but you brought that with you - not everyone is so fortunate. You're doing great work in your NEW life and LOVE the quote - speaks volumes.

Hugs.

Heather said...

HOLY CRAP!! That is so freakin sweet. You are my new hero. I would love running around in my underwear at 3:00am trying to beat up robbers. You should make it a new business. You ROCK!

Cindy said...

Holy Crap CRAZY! I can just picture it. So glad you are safe and okay. I get it. I do the same thing very often: end up feeling sorry for the perp and wonder what has happened for them to be so low in their life that it makes them desperate to do what they do. Not that I excuse it, but I hope that that feeling is Christ-sponsored; the way that He might feel. Hope that makes sense.

bob said...

Ty that poor guy had no idea what he was messing with. All those years boxing training and going to exercise everyday (even if it is just to see the spin teacher and pedal a little bit). Be careful those boys in SLC kill people just to have something to do at night. Those are some nice pics. Look forward to seeing you this weekend.
Love Dad