Sunday, March 25, 2012

LOL


This last week at racquetball leagues i won my first game in five years since having my stroke. I have played, played, and played but gosh dang it, i could not win. I have been trying to play and practice a lot but it seems like i would get overwhelmed by frustration, discouragement and yes the occasional bad word. Anyway those small accomplishments like winning a stupid racquetball game means so much to me because i have set so many goals to get there.
 I was walking around with the biggest smile that night, I had a guy stop me and ask me why i was so happy, and sure enough i had to tell him. I was able to tell him about my stroke, my goals to overcome, and my winning the game that made me so happy.
We sat and talked for a bit and come to find he is a professional public speaker and asked me to think about joining him in his next event and sharing my story. I was quick to let him know i hated public speaking and i would not have anything to do with it. We exchanged numbers and he let me know he was leaving town for the week to go to Hawaii to speak but when he gets home we would sit down and talk. He told me he speaks all over the country, and speaks on about 10 cruise ships a year. I never thought  about public speaking but it could be really cool, he told me about some meeting to attend to learn the basics on public speaking and presenting, so this week i am attending my first toastmasters meeting here in Salt Lake. Wow! Just my luck nothing will happen but i kinda like the thought of learning some presenting skills to help if i give a talk in church, teach, instruct employes, or really how to communicate better in life. I really would love to explore it more even if i don't become a great public speaker I know that the guy i talked to John was put in my life straight from my Heavenly Father. You just don't know what Heavenly Father has is store for us, sometimes i think he is crazy but  he really knows what we need to do, now if he would just bless me with some hot babe things would be perfect. I can't complain my life right now is pretty perfect and going just as planned. Anyway that was exciting for me and i thought i would share it.
This is a quote i found i think on twitter, i don't remember who said it but i love it!
Being uncertain about the future is a good thing. It means the possibilities could be endless.
Here are some things i have been doing:
- It seems like i have been to Idaho every other week for the past couple of months doing volkswagen things, hanging out with some friends and family. I have really enjoyed my time up there and hope there are more good times to come.
- I have made it to the Jan,Feb,and March vesi meetings.
- I have met with a counselor to go back to school this fall for business management, before i didn't know what to study but i really think anything buisness would be a good asset in my life and i find it interesting.
- I am fixing a car for my dad to drive around this summer, i bought it from this guy who lives by me and yes it is a Vw. The car is a 1963 Karmann ghia, but i call it the karma ghia. P.s. do unto other what you would like to have done to you or karma will get ya.  It's going to be a cool old car.
wayne's car 56 rag 
Utah friends

Dad's new ride

My man space






Life is going great!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a good post. The pictures you take are really good. I love the porche picture. Those rims look really good and probably take a lot of work. It will be good when the parts get there. Keep up the good job you are doing great.

bBchronicles said...

LOVE your VICTORY in your game - really a GIANT LEAP in your 'come-back'!!!! I'm so glad you got it down in writing - awesome opportunities lay ahead! CONGRATS!

Cindy said...

Wow. Good for you! I still can't fathom that you had a stroke so young and how you have come back from that. Now school, classes, speaking. Skies the limit for you, Tyler!

Anonymous said...

you seriously are THE "people person", you are king at making connections and new friends. thinking about you often, super stoked your keeping your blog up so that we may all continue to stalk your every move. :)
the ghia is sick and i cant wait to take it out for a ride, nice work!

love,
w